The Tempe Junior Crew Spring Season starts Tuesday, January 17, 2022 and ends mid-May after the completion of the Southwest Regional Regatta.
Registration for rowers who rowed with TJC for the Fall Season:
If you rowed with Tempe Junior Crew for the Fall season, you only need to fill out the registration form and pay for the Spring Season. You do not need to redo the float test, waivers, or handbook signatures.
Registration for rowers who did NOT row with TJC for the Fall Season:
If you were not registered for the Fall Season with Tempe Junior Crew, please complete all steps below before your rower can attend practice.
Note Regarding Scanning and Emailing Documents: If you do not have a scanner, but have a smart phone, you can scan your signed paperwork with the Adobe Scan app available in the Apple App Store and on Google Play. Please do not send multiple photographs of your documents, please use a PDF app. All documents should be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 1 – Float Test
Every athlete with Tempe Junior Crew must have a Float Test on file with us without exception in order to row on the first day of practice.
- If your athlete rowed last season or did the ITR you can skip this section.
- If your athlete rowed with another club previously you can ask them to fill out the Float Test form, but if you are unable to do so you will still need to complete a Float Test. Several options for completing your Float Test include your local public pool, Kiwanis Recreation Center/Tempe, Valley of the Sun JCC, Cactus Aquatic and Fitness Center, PCDS Pool, or YMCA. Float Tests must be completed in a pool under the supervision of a lifeguard certified by the American Red Cross or equivalent. There may be costs for the float test, we recommend that you call ahead to confirm availability and payment.
Completed Float Test Forms should be scanned and emailed to email@example.com.
Download: Float Test Form
Step 2 – USRowing Membership
Each rower MUST have a USRowing Championship Membership that will be valid through May.
- All rowers must purchase a Basic Membership plus Regatta Package or a Championship Membership. (The Championship Membership includes a magazine subscription to USRowing’s magazine)
- Current rowers must ensure their USRowing membership does not expire before May 15, 2023.
- All rowers must make sure Tempe Junior Crew is listed under Member’s Organization. The Tempe Junior Crew Club Code is B6ATY.
- If a rower does not have the proper USRowing Membership, they will not be allowed on the water.
Go to: USRowing – Join or Renew Membership
Step 3 – Tempe Junior Crew Spring Membership Application
Each rower must complete a Spring Membership Application online. Each rower will need to have a valid USRowing Champion Membership number and expiration date before filling out the application.
Fill out: Tempe Junior Crew 2023 Winter/Spring Membership Application
Step 4 – Review the Parent/Athlete Handbook
Please download the Tempe Junior Crew Parent/Athlete Handbook. Parents and rowers will both need to sign an acknowledgment in the Waivers Packet that the handbook has been reviewed.
Download: Tempe Junior Crew Parent/Athlete Handbook
Step 5 – Sign Waivers and Rules Packet
Each rower and parent/guardian must read and sign (in all applicable places) the Fall through Summer Waivers and Rules Packet. These waivers will be good through from September to August of the current season.
The signed waiver and rules packet can sent electronically or can be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you recently completed an Intro to Row, you should have already turned this in.
Download: TJC Waivers and Rules Packet
The signed waiver and rules packet should be scanned and emailed to email@example.com.
If you do not have a scanner, but have a smart phone, you can scan your signed paperwork with the Adobe Scan app available in the Apple App Store and on Google Play. Please do not send multiple photographs of the paperwork.
Step 6 – Pay
Full Season Membership: TJC has three levels of rowing: Developmental, Junior Varsity, and Varsity. Coach Peter decides who is on what team, but all teams practice 5 days per week. The price for all teams is $1,200.
Two Week Intro to Row/Trial Membership: New rowers can try out TJC by signing up for a two-week trial membership. The two-week trial membership costs $200 by Zelle ($205 by PayPal with fees). It occurs the 2 weeks before the season begins. Click link above for details and separate registration.
Payments can be made using Zelle $1200 (which is offered by most major banks as a payment service linked to your checking account) or PayPal $1225 (firstname.lastname@example.org is the recipient email address). Please add your rower(s) name in the memo field.
Step 7 – Parent/Team Meeting
The Parent/Team meeting will take place at the beginning of the team season kick-off party on Saturday, January 7, 2023 at 4pm. All rowers and at least one parent/guardian should participate in the meeting and the party. An invite link will be emailed out with details. If you need the invite link, please email email@example.com.
Registration questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.