The Tempe Junior Crew Spring season starts on Tuesday, January 16, 2024 and ends mid-May after the completion of the Southwest Regional Regatta.
Intro to Row Week is scheduled from Monday through Thursday, January 8 – 11, 2024 from 4-6:30 pm (required for novice rowers).
Registration for rowers who rowed with TJC for the Fall Season:
If you rowed with Tempe Junior Crew for the Fall season, you only need to fill out the registration form here and pay for the Spring Season. You do not need to redo the float test, waivers, or handbook signatures.
Registration for rowers who did NOT row with TJC for the Fall Season:
If you were not registered for the Fall Season with Tempe Junior Crew, please complete all steps below before your rower can attend practice.
Note Regarding Scanning and Emailing Documents: If you do not have a scanner, but have a smart phone, you can scan your signed paperwork with the Adobe Scan app available in the Apple App Store and on Google Play. Please do not send multiple photographs of your documents, please use a PDF app. All documents should be scanned and emailed to email@example.com.
Step 1 – Float Test
Every athlete with Tempe Junior Crew must have a Float Test on file with us without exception in order to row on the first day of practice.
- If your athlete rowed last season or did the ITR you can skip this section.
- If your athlete rowed with another club previously you can ask them to fill out the Float Test form, but if you are unable to do so you will still need to complete a Float Test. Several options for completing your Float Test include your local public pool, Kiwanis Recreation Center/Tempe, Valley of the Sun JCC, Cactus Aquatic and Fitness Center, PCDS Pool, or YMCA. Float Tests must be completed in a pool under the supervision of a lifeguard certified by the American Red Cross or equivalent. There may be costs for the float test, we recommend that you call ahead to confirm availability and payment.
Completed Float Test Forms should be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download: Float Test Form
Step 2 – USRowing Membership
Each rower MUST have a USRowing Championship Membership that will be valid through May.
- All rowers must purchase a Basic Membership plus Regatta Package or a Championship Membership. (The Championship Membership includes a magazine subscription to USRowing’s magazine)
- Current rowers must ensure their USRowing membership does not expire before May 15, 2023.
- All rowers must make sure Tempe Junior Crew is listed under Member’s Organization. The Tempe Junior Crew Club Code is B6ATY.
- If a rower does not have the proper USRowing Membership, they will not be allowed on the water.
Step 3 – Tempe Junior Crew Spring Membership Application
Each rower must complete a Spring Membership Application online. Each rower will need to have a valid USRowing Champion Membership number and expiration date before filling out the application.
Step 4 – Review the Parent/Athlete Handbook
Please download the Tempe Junior Crew Parent/Athlete Handbook. Parents and rowers will both need to sign an acknowledgment in the Waivers Packet that the handbook has been reviewed.
Step 5 – Sign Waivers and Rules Packet
Each rower and parent/guardian must read and sign (in all applicable places) the Fall through Summer Waivers and Rules Packet. These waivers will be good through from September to August of the current season.
If you recently completed an Intro to Row, you should have already turned this in.
Fill Out Waivers at This Link: TJC Waivers and Rules Packet
Step 6 – Uniform Store
The spring season dues DO NOT include the required TJC Gear Package from RegattaSport (a performance short sleeve shirt, hat or visor, backpack, and unisuit). Additional items can be purchased separately at the team store using a link will be provided at a later time. Rowers who are new to TJC this spring should use this link to order your required gear: GEAR PACKAGE
Step 7 – Fees
TJC is committed to diversity and seeks to create a welcoming environment for everyone. We will help any athlete demonstrating financial need and do not want the fee to be a barrier to their participation. Please see the “Scholarships” page on the TJC website for more details.
Full Season Membership: TJC has three levels of rowing: Developmental, Junior Varsity, and Varsity. Coach Peter decides who is on what team and whether they practice 3 or 5 days per week. The price for all teams in the spring is $1,275. Rowers who are new to TJC must add $125 to the fee to cover the cost of their required gear. There will be an option to purchase additional unisuits and other items via an online store. Please add your rower(s) name in the memo field for payments.
PREFERRED PAYMENT METHOD: $1275 via Zelle to email@example.com or $1313 via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org. All PayPal payments include the service fee.
Two Week Trial Membership: New rowers can sign up for a two-week trial membership before committing to the rest of the season. The two-week trial membership costs $200 and the fee will be applied to the full membership fee if the rower stays on for the remainder of the season. Please note that the Introduction to Row (ITR) fee will not apply to the full membership fee. Please add your rower(s) name in the memo field for payments
PREFERRED PAYMENT METHOD: $200 with Zelle to email@example.com or $207 via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 8 – Parent/Team Meeting
A virtual team and parent meeting will be held via Google Meets on Sunday, January 7th at 2:00 PM to review details for the upcoming season. All rowers and at least one parent/guardian should participate in the meeting. An invitation for the meeting will be emailed by the end of the year with details.
Registration questions should be directed to email@example.com.