The following are some great resources about rowing
New to rowing? Watch this cool video by USRowing that gives a brief introduction to the sport of rowing.
Educational Information about Rowing
USRowing offers a wealth of educational information about rowing to rowers and their families, and offers information about Development Camps, target erg scores, and much more. Start your homework here: http://www.usrowingjrs.org/ Here are some additional resources rowers may find helpful:
Technique References for Rowing
- Rowing Terminology and Definitions
- Detailed Indoor Rowing Guide – Erg Training
- Erg Technique Training – Power Triangles
- Common Mistakes in Rowers’ Techniques
Safety References for Rowing
- USRowing Safety Poster
- How to Get Back in Your Scull after Flipping (Video)
- USRowing Rowing Safety (Video)
For the Future — College Rowing Programs
- Colleges with Rowing Programs – part of the calculus to consider if you’re thinking about rowing after high school…
- About College Rowing in the US – rules, status, history, etc.