Welcome to the web home of Tempe Junior Crew (TJC), Arizona’s premier junior rowing program. TJC is a non-profit, competitive rowing club for young men and women that rows on Tempe Town Lake in Tempe, AZ. TJC has, since its inception, competed successfully at local, regional, national and international levels. We’re glad you’re here. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments.
SPREAD THE WORD!
Summer Rowing Program with
TEMPE JUNIOR CREW
SESSION 1: June 17-21 5 to 7am
SESSION 2: June 24-28 5 to 7am
SESSION 3: July 8-12 5 to 7am
SESSION 4: July 15-19 5 to 7am
Each Session is $125. Register ASAP — Space is limited!
Summer Rowing for Beginners (Ages 13-18): The sessions will focus on teaching sound rowing fundamentals for Novice rowers. Rowers will be learning sculling technique in double and quad sculling boats. The goal of these camps is to provide an opportunity to gain a familiarity with rowing and lay the groundwork for continued rowing as a Developmental or Competitive member of Tempe Junior Crew in the fall.
Summer Rowing for Advanced Rowers: The training for competitive rowers will emphasize sculling technique, including video-taping rowing pieces and evaluation by the coaches. Rowers will be assigned to either singles, doubles, or quads. The goal for this group is to improve rowing skill level through more individualized instruction and analysis and break-down of stroke mechanics.
Here’s what you need to do to register for Summer Rowing:
1) Complete a Float Test Form (if you haven’t completed one already). You can go to any pool with a lifeguard on and duty. Bring the form, do the test, and have the lifeguard sign it.
2) Print and sign the Tempe Town Lake Code of Conduct (if you haven’t already done this).
3) Complete the 2013 Summer Rowing Program Registration Form.
4) Include payment for the number of session you’ll be participating in. You can either scan and e-mail the forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to:
336 E. Geneva Dr.
Tempe, AZ 85282
For more information on registration, contact:
Ron Borden, Membership Chair
- Check the TJC live team calendar for practice times, regattas and deadlines!
- Registration forms are posted!
- Team gear is available for purchase!
Development “Dev” Camps and other US Rowing-related information can be found here: http://www.usrowingjrs.org/