COVID Policy Updated February 1, 2022
Statement of Purpose
TJC is a competitive rowing club. The purpose of our COVID-19 policy is to maximize participation, athletic performance, and respect our teammates. In order to accomplish our goals, we must take measures to minimize our athletes’ exposure to COVID-19 and other infectious illnesses.
Preventing COVID-19 and Other Infectious Illnesses
TJC has updated these guidelines to be in-line with the updated CDC guidelines and the increased spread of COVID-19 in our community.
TJC strongly recommends everyone who can be vaccinated, get vaccinated. If you have questions about whether vaccination is appropriate for you, please discuss vaccination with your primary care provider.
- This guidance applies to all athletes, coaches, volunteers, family members, and drivers.
- Tight fitting masks should be worn in the boat house at all times. Cloth masks are no longer recommended and multi-layer disposable masks, KN95, or N95 masks are preferred.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of illness, stay home and do not come to rowing.
- Anything reported to the COVID Monitor will be kept confidential by the board and the coaches.
If you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 and have no symptoms:
- Day 0 is the day of exposure.
- You may continue to come to rowing but must notify the coach and send an email to COVID-Monitor@tempejuniorcrew.org.
- Days 1-5, you must wear a tight fitting mask at ALL times, unless rowing a single.
- On Day 5 obtain a COVID-19 test, preferably a PCR test.
- If the test is negative and you remain asymptomatic, you may continue coming to rowing and continue wearing a tight-fitting mask at ALL times for 5 more days (days 6-10) unless rowing a single.
- If you develop symptoms at any time DO NOT COME TO rowing and notify the coach and COVID Monitor at COVID-Monitor@tempejuniorcrew.org. The COVID Monitor will specify the return to rowing plan and share with the coaches for attendance purposes.
If you have a positive test or are symptomatic:
- Do NOT come to rowing if you experience cough, sore throat, fever, chills, or achiness.
- Do NOT come to rowing if you have a positive COVID-19 test.
- Notify the COVID Monitor at COVID-Monitor@tempejuniorcrew.org. The COVID Monitor will specify the return to rowing plan and share with the coaches for attendance purposes.
- Isolate at home.
- Day 0 is the first day of symptoms or the day you test positive.
- Test on Day 5 if you previously tested negative.
- If the Day 5 test is negative, and you have had NO symptoms for 24 hours, you MAY return to rowing, but MUST continue to wear a tight-fitting mask at ALL times for 5 additional days (Days 6-10). No further testing required.
- If the Day 5 test is positive, continue to isolate at home, you may return to rowing on Day 11 IF you no longer have symptoms.
- If symptoms persist after Day 10, do NOT come to rowing. You may return to rowing once symptoms have resolved.
This policy was developed using the Center for Disease Control guidelines and with the advice of our very own Missi Rosenfeld, M.D.
If you have questions or concerns please email Missi Rosenfeld, MD at COVID-Monitor@tempejuniorcrew.org or Russ Richelsoph at email@example.com.