Updated October 8, 2020
TJC COVID-19 Policy Short Version
- Social distancing
- Hand washing and good hygiene
- Rowing in singles when COVID spread high
- Rowing in dedicated doubles when COVID spread low (opt in required)
- STAY HOME if you don’t feel well or have possibly been exposed
- Notify club president if you or someone in your household tests positive
TJC COVID-19 Policy Long Version
The City of Tempe requires masks in all public spaces. There is an exception for people exercising outside, when maintaining proper social distancing. TJC requires masks as follows:
- All rowers MUST wear masks when in the boathouse
- All rowers MUST wear masks when not maintaining a minimum 6 feet of social distancing
- Masks MUST cover the mouth and nose
- Masks do NOT need to be worn when rowing on the water
USRowing guidelines state rowers should row in singles unless they live in the same household if local daily new cases are greater than 7.14 per 100,000 (7 day moving average). The statement from USRowing also states any organization not following the guidelines risks losing insurance coverage through USRowing.
Tempe Junior Crew will check the daily new cases per 100,000 (7 day moving average) every Monday morning to determine the plan for the week. If new cases are below 7.14 per 100,000 (7 day moving average) in Maricopa County then rowers will be permitted to row in a dedicated double. Coaches will determine rowing partners and those partners will row together for all practices. If one partner is not present, the present rower will row in a single.
Rowing in doubles requires parents to opt in. An email must be received by the club president from a rower’s parent stating they are permitting their rower to row in a double.
Diligence and Self-Responsibility
We appreciate everyone doing their part so we can keep each other healthy and safe. Your diligence with regards to masks and social distancing will allow us to keep our boats out on the water.
If you or someone you have been in close contact with does not feel well, please do not come to practice.
If you or someone you have been close with has tested positive for COVID-19, please let us know so we can take appropriate steps to prevent spread. We will keep people’s identities confidential when requested.
Questions regarding the Tempe Junior Crew COVID-19 Policy should be directed to email@example.com.